Regional Workshop on industrial statistics and classifications for the Arab States
30 September 2013-02 October 2013
Doha - Qatar
1. Gulf Organization for Industrial Consulting.
2. United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
3. Statistics Division of the United Nations in New York
4. Arab Organization for Industrial Development
Objectives of the workshop
The regional workshop aims over three days to increase the participants' knowledge in the field of collection, processing and dissemination of industrial statistics. The workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to acquire new knowledge and skills through a review of the latest developments on international classification used in the collection and processing of industrial statistics and relevant indicators and how to write the relevant statistical reports. The main topics included in the agenda of the workshop are the following:
- The importance of industrial statistics to support the decision-making of economic and industrial.
- International Recommendations for Industrial Statistics (IRIS 2008).
- International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities (ISIC Rev.4).
- Central Product Classification (CPC Rev.2).
- Harmonized System for the characterization and classification of products (HS).
- Industrial statistics in Arab countries: the current situation and development needs.